Monday, January 20, 2014

New Camera& a trip to the Landfill

Everyone I have been talking to, meeting, and getting advice from, told me I needed to:
-Invest in a good camera
-Add more pictures to my blog
-Take more of my own pictures!!

So...What did I do?
I got myself a SONY NEX6. It's a beauty.
To test it out, I decided to go to a landfill. After doing some research, I discovered there are quite a few of them located around Tampa; there's about 10 of them. In order to find them, it depends on the name you use to look them up.
-Landfill
-Dump
-Trash Dump
-Disposal
-Waste Solution
-Waste Disposal
-etc...

The closest one I found was one located about 5KM. When I got there, I was confronted by Felix, the "Black guy who watches"(this is how he introduced himself to me, very sweet gentlemen), that the land was private property and we were not allowed to go passed the gates.

I am not going to lie to you, I tried convincing him that this was for a project, and a good cause; I was even able to get the owner, George Coniglio's cell number, to ask his permission, but in the end I was told the property was closed off, had been sold to the government and is currently under construction.

So I took pictures of its surrounding instead. And to be honest, what I discovered and the pictures I was able to capture were beyond what I had imagined....

These are unedited, if you were wondering. 

Take a look:










I admit it, I'm no photographer. But for a first timer, and a test run with my new camera...
I think I did alright. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment