Thursday, November 14, 2013

Taking a more Artsy Approach


So after meeting with my Project mentor,
and had a long discussion on the articles I mentioned in the previous post, we 
came to the conclusion that I was still stuck in a "scientific mindset".

I had to remind myself I was trying to create a Art project. 
One that would not only educate and spread awareness on the plastic continents phenomenons, but also create a piece that would strike a positive a positive consciousness amongst the viewers in wanting to be part of the solution and change. 

So I took a different approach in what I was researching. 
I started by looking at artists who had created a piece that made an impact on their viewers. 
Such artist and the different type of movements and style in art that came to mind were the following:





-Land Art
-Edward Kienholz

-Happenings


-Performance Art

-Conceptual Art

No comments:

Post a Comment